2018 Projections and Rankings
Last Updated: December 5th, 2017
- 2018 Projections and Rankings are underway! Please stay tuned for updates, more to come.
Please read the below notes that are specific to these rankings:
- My auction values are formulated for a standard 12 team league with a $260 budget, with each team consisting of 23 starting players (14 batters and 9 pitchers). This is a relative industry standard, however many leagues vary from this. Please keep that in mind when thinking about your specific league.
- The auction values are based upon what the players actual value will be at the end of the season relative to their projected stats. Please keep in mind, this may differ from how others bid in a live auction, however they should provide a strong baseline.
- Players are considered eligible for a position if they played at least 20 game at that position last season. Your league rules may differ.
- The $$ allocation for hitters vs. pitchers is 67/33. While I have debated about this allocation with myself for some time, I've finally settled on this as my standard.
- Position scarcity is not factored into these rankings. If you've read my book, you know I am in the minority, however, I very much disagree with the position scarcity argument. These rankings do not have any additional weighting on any specific position.
- In a 12-team league with 23 roster spots per team, only 276 starters are drafted. In turn, only 276 players actually have an auction value of $1 or greater. Because the minimum bid in in auction is $1, all other projected players have had their auction value adjusted up to $1.